Diary, 14.06.2016




It's been a long time since I wrote my diary…I've been busy and studying a lot for my tests. There's not much going on right now, but I want to talk about a magical experience I had a couple of weeks ago, when I went to watch Wicked to celebrate my birthday. I've always been a huge musical theater nerd, and as a kid I watched Mary Poppins and The Sound Of Music almost twice a day. As I grew up and faced the many troubles of puberty, being bullied and high school, I saw books, movies and musicals as an escape valve for everything I was feeling. When I listened to "Defying Gravity" for the first time, the lyrics really translated well to what I was going through. I watched a bootleg video of the whole show when I was 15, and I cried like a baby when it was over. I felt strongly connected to Elphaba (the not-so-Wicked Witch) and her feelings. So watching Wicked live, listening to the lyrics in my own language and just being a part of the whole experience felt very powerful and touching to me. I was so happy to go see it and it was even more special because my sister, my two best friends, my mom, my cousin and my aunt went with me. I had lots of fun and it was an unforgettable experience. 
Wicked taught me to not be scared of boundaries, but to try and push through them, and stand up for what you believe in no matter what or who tries to bring you down. It also showed me the importance and value of true friendship. These were all things I struggled with growing up, and I can say that right now, I feel like I've come such a long way and gotten so much braver, so much more confident and keen to build new relationships. Like Elphaba, I now know my future is unlimited. I can build it and defy gravity in my own way, and I'm feeling really great as I run towards my goals (since I can't fly there, haha).


(Text und Collage von Isabella. Das Diary wurde am 30.05.2016 geschrieben)

0 Kommentare :